I found this recipe on Pinterest (story of my life) and couldn’t wait to make it. It’s extremely easy and makes for a healthy, delicious, guilt-free snack. So instead of taking down an entire box of Triscuits while absentmindedly watching True Blood reruns On Demand, I’ll grab some roasted spiced chickpeas instead.
Makes 4 servings.
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse chickpeas. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Mix oil and spices together in a medium mixing bowl. Toss in chickpeas until all are coated evenly.
- Spread chickpeas on baking pan(s).
- Bake for about 25 minutes, shaking pan every 5-10 minutes to turn chickpeas.
- Let cool for a couple minutes, then eat up!
The original recipe can be found here: WholeLiving.com
Serving Size = 1/4 of the batch (or half a can on chickpeas)
Calories from Fat: 98
Total Fat: 10g
—Saturated Fat: 1g
—Dietary Fiber: 11g