I’ve been making these little balls of goodness for over a year now and they’re great for a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack. While I obviously encourage you to make them (hence me posting them on this blog), these flax protein bites come with a warning: ONLY EAT ONE (TWO MAX) AT A TIME. I’ll explain why…
These little f-ers are good. So good that I have a tendency of loosing all self control and downing like 5 of them in under 10 minutes. And let me tell you, it is not a pleasant feeling. Imagine having a cinderblock in your stomach. Multiple that by ten and that’s how pigging out on protein powder and peanut butter feels. Yet I can’t seem to learn my lesson, I’m like a brain-dead monkey. Hmmm, last time I ate 27 flax protein bites in a sitting, I cried, temporarily lost my eyesight, and couldn’t get off the couch for an entire day. Let’s do it again! Yay!
Don’t be like me. Have one or two with some veggies or fruit and you have the perfect snack.
- 1/3 vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp crunchy, unsalted peanut butter
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- ½ tbsp flax seed oil
- A sprinkle of slivered almonds
- Dump all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them together.
- Using a fork, pat the mixture down evenly.
- Cut the mixture into three equal sections.
- Get yo’ hands dirty. Roll each section into a ball.
- I like to make these the night before and refrigerate them over night, but you can eat ‘em right away if you’d like.
I got the idea for these from BodyRock.tv, but I don’t like coconut, forgot to buy raisins at the grocery store, didn’t like the amount of protein powder, and wanted to incorporate flax seed oil into my diet, so my version came out pretty different from the original.