Sorry, guys. I have been the lamest blogger ever. I strive for five posts a week, but sometimes it’s hard to find time when you have a full-time job (that isn’t blogging). That being said, if there are any millionaires out there who want to pay me to prepare posts, I will happily update the hell out of pumps & iron.
And now for my weekly wrap-up of half marathon training. After two weeks of cheating on the weekend, I finally locked it up and went to bed early on Friday night so I could tackle a long Saturday run. Go me. Go maturity.
- Monday: I ended up running pretty late in the evening and got major anxiety when I realized the sun is setting earlier and earlier each night…don’t leave me, Summer!
- Tuesday: Witnessed a gorgeous sunrise on my run along the Harbor Walk. Obviously Instagrammed it. Obviously posting it here as well. On my lunch break I did a 600-rep med ball workout, which I’ll post on the blog…eventually.
- Wednesday: I don’t have anything witty or interesting to say about this run.
- Thursday: I did an easy elliptical & ab workout on my lunch break.
- Friday: Thursday’s happy hour(s) involved tequila shots and therefore this run involved a lot of pain.
- Saturday: I can’t even remember the last time I went for an 8-mile run. It felt great to remind myself of the distances my body is capable of covering.
- Sunday: I did an animal-themed interval workout because, you know what, I’m a loser. But it was awesome and I will post it on pumps & iron with photo-shopped images of animals next to each move and You. Will. Like. It.
You can follow me on Instagram @nicoleperr