I guess it makes me somewhat of a traitor to be wearing a Nantucket tank top while on a Vineyard beach. But the real issue here is that my bra strap is showing in almost all these pictures. Sorry, guys, sometimes my inner trailer park just slips out.
Just because bikini season is coming to an end doesn’t mean you should let your butt go to hell. Keep those buns toned with this 24-minute-long interval workout that targets your tush.
Beach Bum Workout
Equipment I Used:
- Gymboss Interval Timer
- Exercise mat
Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 36 rounds of 30 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest. You’ll complete the following sequence three times:
- Frog Hops: Squat down, legs wide apart, with fingers touching ground. Jump upward like frog and land back in starting deep squat position.
- All-Fours Kick-Ups (Right Leg): Start on all fours. Keeping your foot flexed, kick your heel up towards the sky. Your knee will remain (at least partially) bent throughout the movement. Bring knee back down and in, almost to the starting position, but never resting knee back on ground.
- All-Fours Kick-Ups (Left Leg)
- All-Fours Side Wings (Right Leg): Start on all fours. Keeping leg in that 90-degree angle, lift knee out and up in a wing motion (much like a dog lifting to take a pee…just sayin’). Bring it back in close to the starting position, but never resting knee back on floor.
- All-Fours Side Wings (Left Leg)
- All-Fours Leg Lifts (Right Leg): Start on all fours. Hold leg straight out behind you. Lift it up (keeping it straight) as high as you can go, squeezing your butt as you do. Lower, but never rest foot on ground.
- All-Fours Leg Lifts (Left Leg)
- Split Squat Jumps: Start in deep squatting position with feet staggered. Back foot should be on the ball; front foot should be flat. Jump up and switch legs, landing back in deep squat with opposite leg in front.
- Side Plank Scissors (Right Side): In a side plank position, raise top foot upward, keeping leg straight, and then bring back down.
- Side Plank Scissors (Left Side)
- Side Lunge Jumps (Right Leg): Start in a side lunge position. Jump up, bringing outer leg in and up, tucking knee towards your chest. Land and return back into starting lunge position.
- Side Lunge Jumps (Left Leg)
The best thing about this workout is that no equipment is required. Do it anywhere (beach is optional) and work that butt of yours!