As I’ve just got back from a week in Las Vegas, the unhealthiest city in the whole entire world, I thought it fitting to post a workout that you can do anywhere—hotel rooms included.
This 20-minute workout requires no equipment. Set an interval timer for 30 rounds of 30 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest. You’ll go through the following sequence five times.
- One-leg burpees (right): Keep your left leg tucked up while you complete a typical burpee: Squat down, placing hands on the ground in front of you, carefully jump back into a plank position, jump back up to squatting, then stand up and jump upwards with arms in the air.
- One-leg burpees (left)
- Crab cross-body toe touch: Start on all fours in a crab position. Kick your left leg up, touching it with your right hand. Repeat with opposite limbs.
- Elbow plank hops: Start in a plank position. Jump feet to the left, back to the center, to the right, back to the center, and so on.
- Squat jumps with alternating side leg lifts: Legs wide apart in a deep squat position (the sumo wrestler stance), do a jump squat, land back in starting position, then lift left leg straight out to the side, keeping right leg bent. Jump squat again and repeat with the right leg.
- Seated ab scissors: Sit down, slightly leaning back with hands on ground behind you lightly for support. Lift legs about ten inches off the ground and crisscross them back and forth, switching one on top of the other.