This is another “no excuses” workout that you can do anywhere. No equipment is needed, and you don’t even need a ton of space. As photographic proof of that, I’m doing it on the narrow side of my parents’ wrap-around deck in Maine—but I wouldn’t recommend actually doing the workout outside during a snowstorm. Since most of my workout tutorials are shot in the kitchen or living room of my barely decorated apartment in Southie, how could I possibly refuse some pretty scenery for once?
Body Weight Pyramid Workout
The first time you go through the following sequence, you’ll perform 10 reps of each exercise. Go through again performing 9 reps of each, then 8 reps of each; and so on until you only are doing 1 rep of each. This workout took me just under 20 minutes to complete.
- Burpees with Push Up: This is a basic burpee, only when you’re down in the plank position, do a push up. The whole sequence will look like this: squat down placing hands on the ground; jump back into plank position; do a push up; jump legs back up towards hand; stand back into squat position; jump up with arms overhead.
- Side V Crunches (right side): Start laying on your side with bottom arm stretched outwards on the ground for support. Do a side crunch, lifting your legs up and crunching them in to meet your elbow and raised torso.
- Side V Crunches (left side)
- Backward Lunge into Front Kick (right leg): Start in standing position. Step backward with right foot into a lunge position. Step back up, keeping left foot firmly planted on ground and kick right leg up to meet left hand. Bring leg back down into back lunge position.
- Backward Lunge into Front Kick (left leg)