The only thing I love more than finding an incredible deal at TJ Maxx is finding something incredibl(y) awful at TJ Maxx. I’m talking a pink velour t-shirt with feathers around the collar. I’m talking metallic purple footie pajamas with an imitation Hello Kitty face on the butt. I’m talking glow-in-the-dark pillowcases with a lone wolf howling at the moon printed on them. TJ Maxx is a treasure trove of what-the-hell-is-that items. I love it.
It’s also amazing for finding great stuff at ridiculously cheap prices. I scored these ankle weights there for $4. That’s what’s up.
20-Minute Ankle Weight Workout
Set an interval timer for 30 rounds of 30 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest. You’ll go through the following sequence five times.
- Snowboarders: Legs wide apart, squat down with one hand touching the ground. Jump up, turn 180 degrees in the air and land in the same deep squat on the other side, with the opposite hand touching the ground. If you turned towards your right shoulder the first time, make sure to turn towards your left shoulder on the way back.
- Plank Jump Push Ups: Start in a plank position and jump both feet up towards hands. Jump back into plank position and do a push up. Repeat.
- Knee Hug In ‘n Outs: Start seated on ground with fingertips by your sides for support, and lean back with legs outstretched and slightly elevated. Crunch your knees inward toward chest, sitting up to meet them. Lean back, outstretching legs again into starting position. From there, separate legs into a wide “v,” and then bring them back in together. Repeat.
- High Knees: Like running in place only picking your knees up high. These are tough with the ankle weights!
- Bridge Leg Lift (right): Start in a bridge position with your right leg held out straight, hovering above the ground. Your body should be in a straight, inclined position (squeeze your glutes!) throughout the exercise. Lift your right leg straight up so that it’s perpendicular to the floor, then slowly lower back to starting position.
- Bridge Leg Lift (left)
What are some of your favorite exercises to do with ankle weights?