I’ve already shared this sweet potato hummus recipe as part of a toast snack, but it’s so freaking good and I talk about it so frequently that I think it deserves its own blog post.
I eat it with pita chips and veggies, and also spread it on whole wheat sandwiches along with avocado, spinach and tomatoes. It’s delicious—I probably eat that for lunch at least four days a week.
Yields 2 ¼ cups
- 1 cup packed mashed sweet potato (about 1 large potato)
- 1 ½ cup chickpeas (about 1 can, rinsed)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the potato and cut it up into chunks. Boil until soft when poked with a fork.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Using a food processor, blend together.
- Refrigerate until cool.
It’s a crazy week over here because I’m moving tomorrow (I’ll talk more about that later) so I’ll have to add the nutrition info for this hummus another day.