I’ve wanted a crock pot for a while now, and was super excited when I moved into my current home and one of my roommates had one—score! This butternut squash and apple soup is easy, and makes for the perfect fall meal. When I made it a couple weeks ago, I would eat a small cup of it paired with this open-faced beet hummus and goat cheese sandwich for dinner just about every single night.
I adapted the recipe from Clean Eating Chelsey.
A crock pot soup recipe packed with fall flavors.
- 3-lb butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 3 apples, cored and peeled and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Toss all the ingredients except the pumpkin seeds in a crock pot. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Pour the cooked mixture into a blender (I had to do this in two batches) and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with a dash of cinnamon and some pumpkin seeds.
What are some of your favorite crock pot recipes?