I went a little overboard with my Susie Homemaker Thanksgiving menu this year, and decided I would make literally everything myself, right down to the pita chips. It was so unnecessary, but luckily pita chips are just about the easiest things ever to make. And when you eat them with hummus straight out of the oven, they seriously can’t be beat. Sorry, Stacy’s.
Easy oven-baked pita chips.
- 4 pitas (I used Joseph’s brand)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut pitas into eighths (like you’re cutting a pizza).
- Toss your pita triangles in a bowl with the olive oil and sea salt until coated.
- Spread pita chips on two cookie sheets lined with tin foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Let cool for 15 minutes and then serve.