Love to hate. Mostly just hate. But before we get to this workout, can we talk about the Justin Bieber drop-crotch pants I’m apparently wearing in the above picture? Clearly starburst burpees are evil if they cause tight leggings to look like…that.
30-Minute Workout of Exercises I (Love to) Hate
Equipment I Used:
- Gymboss Interval Timer
- 15-lb kettlebell (a regular hand weight works, too!)
Set your timer for 30 rounds of 45 seconds of work and 15 seconds of rest. You’ll go through the following sequence 6 times.
- Starburst Burpees: Squat down, place hands wide apart on floor, jump back into a plank position with legs spread apart. Do a push up. Jump legs back up into squatting position. Jump up into the air with arms and legs outstretched.
- Alternating Superman Plank: Start in a plank position. Simultaneously lift your right hand and left leg, extending both straight out. Return to plank position and repeat, lifting left hand and right leg. This is a great core exercise because your back is engaged, too.
- Split Squat Jumps: Squat down with one foot positioned just behind the other. Front foot should be flat on the ground, and you should be on the toes of the back foot. It’s ok for the knee to come in front of your toes on the back foot (because you’re up on the ball of the foot), but make sure that front knee stays in line with or behind the front toes to avoid injury. You will then jump up, and land back in the squat position with the opposite leg in front.
- Turkish Get-Ups (Right): For a detailed tutorial on how to do a Turkish get-up check out THIS previous post. Essentially you start laying on the ground, holding a kettlebell or hand weight (I use 15 lbs), and go from that position to standing, and then back down to laying down, all while keeping the weight lifted. But if you’re unfamiliar with the move, seriously check out the full tutorial, it’s a much better explanation.
- Turkish Get-Ups (Left)
After making this workout, I instantly regretted not including V-Up Crunches. Holy sh*tballs do I love to hate V-Up Crunches.
What exercises do you love to hate?