How is it already time for my once-a-season roundup of fitness gear?? I keep thinking about that saying, “Life is like a roll of toilet paper: The closer to the end you get, the faster it goes.” It’s so true—I vividly remember the first grade feeling like an eternity, but now the years just fly by.
Anyway, enough about toilet paper. Here’s what winter fitness gear is on the top of my wish list:
- BOSU ball: One of the main takeaways I got from the NASM personal trainer course is the importance of training in unstable environments. BOSU balls are a great way to add an element of balance to exercises, and I think it may need to be my next home gym addition.
- White leggings from Cozy Orange: I know white isn’t exactly the most popular color for yoga pants, but I’ve wanted a pair for a while now, and love the detailing on the back of the knee of this pair. I have a couple other pairs of leggings from Cozy Orange that the company sent me, and the material is great, so I’m pretty confident “white” won’t mean “see-through” with these.
- Lululemon ear warmer: Boston is…not warm…in the winter. I like this particular ear warmer because it’s thick and a more fashionable cable knit material, so it can play double duty for running outdoors and everyday wear.
- Foam Roller: This is another product of the CPT course—I want a foam roller so I can enjoy the benefits of SMR (self-myofascial release).
- Fun tanks & leggings from Ellie: Am I way late in jumping on the Ellie train, or what? I just recently discovered the line, which sends you a top and bottom of your choice each month for $50, and love it. Especially since I’m constantly photographing myself working out for blog tutorials, I really do need new clothing each month, and for the high quality of Ellie, $50 is a steal for two items.
- L.A.M.B for Burton snowboarding gear: L.A.M.B teamed up with Burton on a line of urban, runway-inspired snowboarding gear, and I really think every item is necessary to make me a better snowboarder this season. That’s only logical, right??
What’s topping your winter fitness wish list?