Wrapping up yesterday’s post, I wanted to share the recipe I was in charge of making at the cooking class I attended Thursday. We actually made a complete meal, but different groups were responsible for different aspects, and the Tuscan Bean & Tuna Salad Crostinis were on me. These little guys were delicious and the radicchio made them look oh so pretty. Next time you’re hosting a party, try these as an app!
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 cans solid white tuna in water, drained
- ½ c fennel, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pimento-stuffed green olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 half radicchio, finely shredded
- 2 baguette loaves, cut into ¼-inch thick rounds; lightly brushed with olive oil and oven toasted
- For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together the beans, tuna, fennel, olives, onion, parsley and capers. Pour the dressing mixture over the tuna mixture and toss until well combined. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30-60 mins.
- To assemble each crostini, place a few radicchio shreds onto a toasted baguette. Top each with one heaping tablespoon of the prepared chilled bean & tuna mixture. Serve immediately.
Check out Flavor Your Life for more of their recipes!
I’m off to a Bruins game this afternoon—hope everyone has an equally fun Saturday!