It’s a gorgeous summer day during Fourth of July week and I’m…sitting in a Starbucks writing this blog post. Womp womp wommmp. I was planning on being at the Jersey Shore soaking up the sun today, but on Friday night my boyfriend broke his hand during a charity MMA fight (he won though—I’m sure he’d want me to clarify that haha), so travel was out of the question. I’ll still be heading to the Vineyard soon though, so I’ll stop complaining and get to today’s delicious snack recipe. 🙂
These coconut encrusted zucchini rounds are SO GOOD. Soft, juicy zucchini slices coated in a crispy coconut crust—the texture is so on point. I may or may not have eaten the entire first batch by myself in under 10 minutes…
Soft, juicy baked zucchini slices inside a crispy coconut crust.
- 1 zucchini
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- ¼ heaping cup shredded coconut (you can use sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut zucchini into 1/8-1/4” slices.
- Beat egg and coconut milk in a small bowl. Mix coconut flour, shredded coconut and sea salt in a separate bowl.
- Dip the zucchini slices into the egg mixture then into the coconut mixture, making sure they’re evenly coated. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip slices, and then bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until outside crust is golden brown.
Try to spread the coconut flour thinly and evenly over the zucchini. If there are globs not fully adhered to the egg mixture, they’ll remain powdery when you place in the oven.
Anyone else putting in a short workweek before the 4th? How many out-of-office email replies have you gotten today—I’m at three… 🙂