First off, THANK YOU for all the comments on and shares of yesterday’s post. Any time I publish a more personal blog post, there’s always this oh sh*t moment of second-guessing as I send it out into the interwebs, so I really loved seeing so many of you relate to it in some way.
Anyway, onto a less serious topic, I’m on a serious acai bowl kick. (LOL how’s that for a transition?) Revolution Juice & Thirst Juice Co. both make a good one (hit them up if you’re in Boston!), but more often than not, I’ll just blend up my own at home. I used to always try to sneak some greens into my smoothie bowls, but lately I’ve had an insatiable craving for fruit, fruit and more fruit. Yes it’s a lot of sugar. No I don’t care. Sorry kale, but you’re not invited to this party.
- 1 pack frozen acai (I usually buy Sambazon smoothie packs)
- ½ frozen banana (any time a banana is about to go bad, I cut it into chunks and freeze it, so I always have these on hand)
- Heaping ½ - ¾ cup fresh fruit (usually mixed berries, but depends on what I have on hand—pineapple is awesome or I’ll use fresh banana)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (any nut milk works, too) + more if it’s too thick
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds (or any seed you like)
- 1 tbsp protein powder (optional—I don’t always add this)
- ¼ cup granola
- Handful berries
- ½ banana, sliced
- Put all the main ingredients in a blender until smooth. If too thick, just keep adding a little coconut milk until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Add your toppings.
Oh man. I could seriously eat these breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably already made that assumption… 🙂
Alright friends, I’m heading out of town for a long wedding weekend on Nantucket (woohoo!!). I’ll be back to bloggin’ on Monday!