I have a roundup of Cyber Monday deals for you all, but I feel like this blog has been nothing but clothes the past few days, so let’s first focus on a workout (I’ll post the Cyber Monday roundup later today). I actually didn’t overdo it with the eating this holiday weekend and running around with the kids definitely kept me active, but I still couldn’t wait for a workout this morning. I hit up a Btone class and later this evening plan to go for a short run.
Today we have one more 10-minute quickie for you! Just like the last two weeks, this uses a 3x3x3 AMRAP structure. That’s 3 exercises done for 3 minutes at max effort, 3 times. It’s quick but intense, so perfect for busy days or to pair with low(er) intensity steady-state cardio like a long walk or elliptical session. Want a full-body burn? Do the 10-minute lower body workout, the 10-minute upper body workout AND today’s workout. BOOM.
10-Minute Core Workout
Equipment I Used:
- Exercise mat
This workout is divided into three 3-minute AMRAPs with 30 seconds of rest in between each. Set a timer for 3 minutes and get through the circuit of exercises as many times as possible before time runs out. Rest for 30 seconds and then repeat, starting wherever you left off at the end of your first AMRAP.
- 10 Side V-Up Crunches (right) | Start laying on your left side, balancing on that bottom hip/side butt with your bottom hand on the floor in front of you for support. Right arm is bent with hand behind your head and elbow out wide; legs should be extended and hovering off the ground. This is your starting position. From here, you’re going to crunch up and in, bending your legs and bringing your knees in towards your right elbow as you lift your torso up and in to meet them. Use that bottom hand for support, but try to push off it minimally. Slowly lower back down and extend back out to a hover. As you crunch in, try to keep your legs together; don’t let the knees butterfly out wide.
- 10 Side Plank Top Crunches (right) | Start in a side plank with your right hand on the floor directly underneath your shoulder. Hover your left leg in the air and bend your left elbow, hand lightly behind your head. Crunch your left knee in towards your left elbow while keeping your hips up (don’t let them sag down as you do the crunch—right oblique is still engaged!). Extend left leg back out to a hover. If this bothers your wrist, do them on your forearm.
- 5 Plank Jump Push Ups | Start in a plank position, hands stacked under shoulders. Jump your feet up towards your hands and then quickly back into plank position. Try to stay light on your feet as you do this–instead of sitting on your heels as the feel jump forward, keep the weight in your hands and the work in your core. Once you’re back in plank, do 1 push up. You can always modify by lowering onto your knees first. That’s one rep.
- 10 Side Plank Top Crunches (left)
- 10 Side V-Up Crunches (left)
Do you have a workout planned for today? Do you feel like you’re in damage control mode after Thanksgiving or is it business as usual this morning? 🙂
Outfit detail links are affiliate.