I still don’t have a functioning oven so I had to get creative the other week with an almost-too-ripe banana that I didn’t want to spoil. These banana bread bites are rolled in crushed graham crackers and make for a perfect snack or healthier dessert.
- 1 c old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 10 pitted dates
- 1 tbsp honey (can use maple syrup)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 graham crackers, crushed
- Pulse the oats in a food processor until they make a coarse flour.
- Add in all the other ingredients except the graham crackers. Process until you have a fully-combined sticky mixture.
- Form into 1-inch balls and individually roll in the crushed graham crackers, pressing firmly until coated.
- You can eat right away or refrigerate for 30 minutes first, which I recommend.
These are good without the graham crackers, too! They'll be sticky though, so it's good to roll them in something (try coconut--delicious option!).
You can get creative with these. I’ve also rolled raisins in to the mixture after combining in the food processor and it was a great addition!