This post is sponsored by HEX Performance. All opinions–as always!–are my own. I appreciate your support of the brands who make this blog possible.
The amount of workout leggings I own is admittedly excessive. Yes, they are my work uniform, but still–no one needs this many pairs of leggings. And let’s be real. No matter how much of an article of clothing you own, you’ll still have your handful of favorites that you’ll wear over and over on heavy rotation while the rest of your wardrobe collects dust. I recently went on a Goodwill spree and successfully donated about half my activewear wardrobe but still could do some paring down. I’m guilty of doing the whole I haven’t worn these metallic Pokemon-patterned leggings since I bought them but OMG what if a local fitness studio has a Snorlax themed class, they’d be perfect, I MUST keep them.
Yes, Nicole. You must.
Amidst the many options, there are a handful of leggings that I wear on heavy rotation (in no particular order):
- Lululemon – Wunder Under Stirrup Yoga Leggings ($118) | These are the ones pictured above. They’re available in all black on their site but the two-tone I have is old. I actually found mine on Amazon and they’re still available there in a size 4.
- Booty By Brabants – Bom Bom with Black Mesh ($80) | I have several pairs of BBB leggings because they’re so comfortable and flattering, but I think the black with mesh are my favorite because they have a higher waist than the originals. There are also now new BBB fabrics (the “croco skin” leggings) that are more opaque and a bit thicker, which I can’t wait to try out.
- Michi – Shadow Leggings ($179) | I’m obsessed with Michi leggings, but they’re expensive and I was given mine for free so I always feel like a jerk recommending them. That being said, if you’re balling without a budget, give the brand a try. I also have an all-black pair that are old but this design is similar ($180).
- Lululemon – Wunder Under Hi Rise Tech Mesh ($118) | I got these Lulus years ago and they’ve held up perfectly over the years. High waist, supportive material, and the most fun mesh pattern. They’re recently back in stock by popular demand.
- Alo – Goddess Leggings ($98) | The palm springs print pictured below isn’t available anymore (I found mind in Alo’s Amazon store) but these white/gray ones are similar. My only wish is that the waist was a smidge higher so my next pair of Alo leggings will be these High Waisted Moto Legging ($114).
I recently got the chance to try out HEX Performance Laundry Detergent, which was made specifically with athletic wear in mind. While other detergents use heavy fragrances to mask odors, HEX detergent is designed to clean performance synthetic fabrics without the use of these heavy fragrances. It also has a non-allergenic molecule that helps to proactively prevent future stink and stains.
My laundry loads are 98% workout clothes, but it was actually Joe I had in mind when Hex Performance reached out to me. YOU GUYS. The smell. We’ve been living together for almost three years now and it still shocks me that an article of clothing can smell that rank after one workout. If he leaves his workout clothes on the bathroom floor and I so much as gingerly pick them up and put them in the hamper, I’ll have to wash my hands because they’ll stink. And if I accidentally put normal clothes in the washer with his workout clothes, they’ll have a faint odor to them even after going through a wash cycle. (Joe recently told me he wants to be on the blog more often and I don’t think this is what he had in mind LOL.)
HEX Performance Advanced Laundry Detergent comes in a Fresh Clean scent (that’s the one I tried) and Free + Clear. As the name implies, the fresh clean detergent leaves clothes smelling fresh, but I found it to be a very light fragrance–not overpowering at all. I was surprised by how water-like the detergent is. Because they don’t use dyes or fillers, it pours from the bag clear. It also comes in single-dose packaging.
In addition to removing odors as it cleans, HEX Performance detergent is also made to help prevent future odors. Even a slight improvement in the state of Joe’s workout clothing would be uh-mazing, so I’m excited to continue using it!
What are you most loved/worn pair of workout leggings?
Hope everyone has a wonderful long weekend!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of HEX Performance. The opinions and text are all mine.