As promised in my last post, I now give you pretty pictures of a sandwich. Because dammit I can’t cry writing every post I put up.
Any time I make a batch of my sweet potato hummus, it’s a guarantee I’ll eat this sandwich for lunch every day until it’s gone. I’m currently obsessed with Whole Foods’ organic quinoa flax bread (pictured), but you could make this as a wrap or with any other bread your little heart desires. If you don’t want to make a batch of sweet potato hummus, just use regular store-bought hummus–still delicious!
- 2 slices of your favorite bread (or a wrap)
- Sweet potato hummus
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- Handful of lettuce (I like bibb lettuce for sandwiches)
- Handful of sprouts
- Pepper to taste
- Make the hummus (click for recipe above in ingredient list).
- Toast the bread. Coarsely smash up the avocado on one slice of bread and sprinkle pepper on top. Generously spread sweet potato hummus on the other slice.
- Layer on the other ingredients and firmly press sandwich together.
Hope you all have a fun weekend ahead of you! If you’re in Boston, Fitbit Local is having their launch event tomorrow morning by SOWA. Free bootcamp class and yoga–you just need to RSVP here. I’m so excited to be able to workout again without worrying about keeping my legs fresh for a weekly long run! I was definitely doing fitness classes all throughout my training, but as the long runs got to be 15+ miles, I had to cut back a little and strategize the timing of them so my legs wouldn’t be fried. I did Btone this morning for the first time in a couple weeks and it was glorious. GLORIOUS.