Quickly popping in today to share a recipe for a yummy snack I made myself yesterday. Have you guys every had the peanut butter & jelly Larabars? They’re amazing. Unfortunately, I can only find the flavor in a couple stores around Boston so I decided to make my own version in ball form. Same ingredients, but of course in slightly different proportions as I have no way of knowing Larabar’s exact recipe. You’ll just need 4 ingredients and 10 minutes. Bam!
About the taste: The unsweetened cherries give these a little tart kick to complement the sweetness of the dates. I love it — it’s like that addicting zing you get in the back corners of your mouth when you eat salt & vinegar chips (weird comparison, I know haha). If you don’t like that tartness, you can always just use fewer cherries, adding an equal amount of dates to replace them.
- 3/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 15 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried cherries
- Sea salt to taste (about 1/8 tsp)
- Put 1/2 cup of the peanuts and the salt in a food processor and combine until the oils release and it turns into a smooth peanut butter.
- Add the rest of the peanuts, cherries and dates into the food processor and combine until everything is fully mixed. It'll have the texture of sand; not a silky batter.
- Remove mixture from the processor into a bowl and form into bite-sized balls with your hands, squeezing it all together as you roll so that it holds.
- Eat right away or refrigerate for 10 minutes first to firm them up.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
What’s YOUR favorite Larabar flavor? Tied for first place with peanut butter & jelly is blueberry muffin — I can’t get enough!