This might sound weird, but I go through phases where I’m completely disgusted by eggs–can’t even smell them cooking without gagging–and I’m in one now. My mom says it’s because of a heightening consciousness (veganism is part of her faith), and that makes me sound super cool so let’s go with that. 😉
Regardless of reasoning, I’ve been in need of easy eggless breakfast options lately. Chia seed pudding is awesome because you prepare it the night before and then in the morning have it ready to go. This almond butter banana chia seed pudding recipe is SO GOOD. It makes for a great breakfast but could also satisfy a sweet tooth craving at night if you’re looking for healthy dessert options.
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 c almond milk
- 1/4 c almond butter
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: extra banana for slicing and topping (recommended)
- Put all the ingredients except the chia seeds into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a mason jar or other sealable container and stir in the chia seeds.
- Let sit in the refrigerator over night (or at least 8 hours).
- Slice up some banana for a topping and enjoy as a breakfast or healthy dessert!
Prep this tonight and kick your week off right by enjoying it for breakfast tomorrow morning!
Are you a chia seed pudding fan? What are some of your favorite flavor combos? And anyone else get weird temporary food revulsions? Happens to me with eggs, melted cheese and fish. Maybe my body is telling me to be a vegan …