This turmeric egg bake is packed with spinach and shredded sweet potato, and while it’s not the most photogenic of meals, I promise the delicious taste makes up for the appearance. I’m sure a lot of you have Super Bowl food on the brain today rather than healthy breakfast meal prep, but this is a good recipe to pin for later. It’s easy to put together and you can store it in the refrigerator to have breakfast ready to go the next couple days.
- 8 eggs
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 3/4 cup grated sweet potato (peel and then grate)
- 1/4 cup green onions (discard white ends, chop the green)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste (be generous)
- Avocado for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk the eggs together in a large mixing bowl thoroughly. Add in the grated sweet potato, spinach, green onion and all the spices. Mix together.
- Lightly grease an 8x8" baking dish (I use olive oil spray) and pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove and serve with avocado.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave (60 seconds usually does the trick) before enjoying again.
That’s all for me, folks! Enjoy your Super Bowl Sunday and GO PATS! (Says the girl who hasn’t watched a single game all season…)