This smoothie is made up of just four ingredients and is so delicious. If I have leftover dates (usually from making protein bars or some other snack recipe), I’ll put them in my smoothies as a natural sweetener. They’re especially handy if you’re using unsweetened acai in your smoothies, which can be a little blah without some fruit (or dates!) to compliment it.
- 10 strawberries, stems removed
- 5 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (I use unsweetened)
- 1 pack frozen acai OR 1/2 cup of frozen berry of your choice (I use Sambazon acai smoothie packs)
- Put the dates and coconut milk in a blender until fully combined.
- Add in the strawberries and acai (or frozen berry of choice) and continue to blend until smooth.
Have you ever tried putting dates in a smoothie?