Emphasis on “the.” My college roommate introduced me to this amazing bean dip and it’s been a favorite of mine ever since—partly because it reminds me of my best friends, but mostly because it’s effing delicious. A bean dip to end all bean dips, I give you the bean dip.
The serving size of this recipe is a shit load (that’s a technical term). You will literally be eating it for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a solid week. And you’ll love every second of it. I made it this year for the Super Bowl, and thank the lo’ because it was the only good thing to come out of that disappointment (I’m a Pats fan).
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed
- 2 cans black eyed peas, rinsed
- 2 cans mexicorn, drained
- 1 can of rotell
- 4 roma tomatos
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ cup pickled jalapenos, diced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ cup red wine
- ½ tspn garlic powder
- Chop everything up and mix it together in a bowl. It’s not rocket science.
- Stir olive oil, sugar, red wine and garlic powder in a separate bowl. Mix into the rest of the ingredients. Optional: Chug the remaining wine left in the bottle.
- Serve with chips or eat it with your hands (it’s that good).
My chipped, half-removed nail polish makes this last picture extra special.