These are so easy to make, I’m not even sure it technically counts as a recipe. But turning yogurt into bite-sized frozen drops makes for the perfect summery snack, so recipe or not, I’m bloggin’ about it.
Originally, I wanted to share this around the 4th of July as a red, white and blue bowl of yogurt drops, but the strawberry yogurt ended up being pink, the blueberry yogurt was a light lavender and before I knew it, my festive snack idea was blown to shit. Oh well, pastel drops for June 6th it is!
- Yogurt (I used Greek yogurt)
- A zip-loc or plastic sandwich bag
- A freezer
- Spoon the yogurt into a plastic bag. Cut a small hole in one of the corners.
- Squeeze little drops of yogurt onto the pan.
- Freeze for at least three hours. I took them out after one hour and while they were frozen enough to scoop off the pan with a spatula, they began to melt back into yogurt immediately when I tried to eat them (you can notice it a little in the pictures).
These frozen drops are the perfect guilt-free snack. And letting them melt in your mouth on a nice summer day is way more satisfying than eating a boring old container of yogurt. Plus, I’m all about using my hands to eat food. Tastes better that way, if you ask me. Come to think of it, this may be why I don’t get asked on many dates…